It’s great to reach out to you again for our November newsletter.
In previous newsletters, we have been talking about the ‘INPAG Exposure Draft 1’ being on the horizon. Well now, finally, it is just around the corner! It has been an intensely busy few weeks for the CIPFA team, finalising, editing, and proof reading to get ready to publish next week.
Did you know that every four years, thousands of accountants from all over the world gather for the World Congress of Accountants (WCOA)? It is nick-named ‘The Accounting Olympics’. We are delighted that the launch of the Exposure Draft will be announced by Ian Carruthers, (Chair, CIPFA Standards) at WCOA in Mumbai, India on 20 November.
We hope that many of you will be keen to share your opinions during the consultation period, which will be open until 31 March 2023. If so, please take a moment to let us know that you intend to submit a response, by clicking here.
Please look out for the email announcement of INPAG Exposure Draft 1 on 21 November. From Monday, you will be able to access:
- The full Exposure Draft 1 text, including authoritative guidance with application guidance, the basis for conclusions and implementation guidance with illustrative examples, in English.
- The ‘Invitation to Comment’, including a comprehensive summary, and specific questions for your feedback, in English.
- A short introduction video, in English, French and Spanish
- Explainer videos on the topics of ‘A Framework for INPAG’ and ‘Narrative reporting’ in English.
In the coming days and weeks, you can look forward to:
- The ‘Invitation to Comment’, including a comprehensive summary, and specific questions for your feedback, in Spanish, French and Arabic.
- The short introduction video additionally in Arabic
- Explainer videos on the topics of ‘A Framework for INPAG’ and ‘Narrative reporting’ in Spanish, French and Arabic.
- Two further explainer videos, on the topics of ‘Financial Statement Presentation’ and ‘Describing NPOs’, in English, Spanish, French and Arabic.
As these resources become available, we will share updates on our social media platforms.