The IFR4NPO Project is keen to hear feedback from relevant stakeholders, not limited to those who are fluent in English. Regrettably we are not in a position to provide the full Exposure Draft text in languages other than English at this time. The reasons relate to i) the Licensing agreements in place ii) the availability of official translations of source text from other standards, iii) availability of resources, and iv) the capacity of the project team to check translations, while also developing material in English for Exposure Drafts 2 and 3, due for release in 2023.
Please also note that licensing arrangements between CIPFA, the IFRS Foundation and IFAC for the use of content from IFRS and IPSAS standards, mean that individuals or organisations may not publish their own unofficial translations, as it would be in breach of copyright.
To mitigate these challenges, the project will provide the following resources in Spanish and French, which will be added in the coming weeks.
- A short video providing an overview of Exposure Draft 2;
- The Invitation to Comment, including a comprehensive summary and the questions;
- A document providing agreed translations for key terms in INPAG;
- Explainer videos covering the key proposals;
- Multi-lingual webinars on the key topics in November 2023; and
- Template response documents.
A team of Spanish and French speaking accountants have volunteered their services to support the project in these translation efforts, and we are truly grateful. It is possible that some translation errors or inconsistencies may arise in our materials or communications, for which we apologise.