The IFR4NPO Project is keen to hear feedback from relevant stakeholders, not limited to those who are fluent in English. Regrettably we are not in a position to provide the full Exposure Draft text in languages other than English at this time. The reasons relate to i) the Licensing agreements in place ii) the availability of official translations of source text from other standards, iii) availability of resources, and iv) the capacity of the project team to check translations, while also developing material in English for Exposure Drafts 2 and 3, due for release in 2023.
Please also note that licensing arrangements between CIPFA, the IFRS Foundation and IFAC for the use of content from IFRS and IPSAS standards, mean that individuals or organisations may not publish their own unofficial translations, as it would be in breach of copyright.
To mitigate these challenges, the project will provide the following resources in Spanish and French:
- A short video providing an overview of the Exposure Draft
- A translation of the Invitation to Comment, including a comprehensive summary and the questions (see above)
- A document providing agreed translations for key terms in INPAG
- Explainer videos covering the key proposals relating to the key themes below. See YouTube playlists in EN | ES | FR
- Common model for grants and donations revenue and expenses
- Revenue from grants and donations
- Donations in-kind
- Grant expenes
- Foreign exchange translation
- Other topics in ED2
We will also held multi-lingual webinars on the above topics in November 2023.